Skip to main content

Fw: Runaway Wife: Bride leaves groom at wedding reception


Sapele— A 41-year-old man, simply identified as Julius, is

finding it difficult to understand why his "wife" abandoned her

marital vows midway into their wedding, shouting "I am no longer interested," at the wedding
 reception in Udu Local Government Area of Delta State.

All pleas by the bewildered husband at the popular Orhunwhorhun Road for the woman to
 reconsider her decision were to no avail.

Her close friend told our correspondent  that she saw her true love at the reception venue and
 decided to follow her heartthrob.

The incident took place on Saturday, October 29. The would-be bride, Roseline, 32, has since
 disappeared into thin air and all efforts to trace her whereabouts had yielded no result at
 press time.
It was a pandemonium as the wife ran out of the wedding reception and rejected her husband,
 saying "I am no longer interested," forcing the wedding reception to end abru

The dazed husband, guests and bridal train ran after Roseline, caught up with her at the popular
 Orhunwhorhun Road, where all pleas for her to reconsider her decision and return to the
reception venue fell on deaf ears.

A close female confidante of the woman, who spoke on condition of anonymity, also told our
 correspondent : "I believe she did what she did because she saw the previous man in her
 life at the
reception. We heard that he had earlier promised to marry the bride, but he later travelled to
 Lagos and never showed up again.

"When the bride waited for a long time and he (former suitor) was nowhere to be found, she
 decided to marry another man, who was ready although she still loved her former suitor.

"So when her true love showed up at the reception without notice, the woman saw him and
 decided to call it quits with her husband to follow her heartthrob."

Comments

POPULAR POSTS

Pipeline Explosion: Families Of Victims Lament Neglect By Firm

The families of the victims of pipeline explosion at the Agip’s oil field in Azuzuama community in Bayelsa State have accused the company of neglect. They accused the Nigerian Agip Oil Company, operators of the oil field of being insensitive to their plights. The  News Agency of Nigeria  reports that a pipeline explosion in the Southern Ijaw Local Government community on July 9, 2015 left 14 people dead. A regulatory official of Bayelsa Ministry of Environment and National Oil Spills Detection and Response Agency was among the dead victims. According to NAN, officials of NAOC, representatives of the host community and the Bayelsa Ministry of Environment were investigating the cause of an oil spill in the area when the blast occurred. The Director-General of the NOSDRA, Dr Peter Idabor, had bemoaned the poor safety procedures at Agip’s oilfields, which resulted to the death of its staff and an official of the ministry. “It is a painful experience to u...